Sunday, April 23, 2017

Guest Designing for Marker Pop

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm excited because I'm guest designing for one of my favorite challenges - The Marker Pop blog Challenge. They are Always so fun and inspiring!
This time their theme is watercolor and those of you who know me know that I LOVE watercolors and those of you who don't can view some of my paintings HERE.




For my cardmaking though I like to try different Products and for today's card I played with my new Distress oxides. I used Tim Holtz new stencil called layered stencil floral  and inked the White cardstock with distress oxide ink from Rangers.
The colors I used are Faded Jeans, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. I kept the stencil in Place and then sprayed the flowers with water Before I removed the stencil and that created this Beautiful watercolored look. This was really fast and easy and very fun to make!
The hello die I used is from MFT stamps.

Pop over to the Marker Pop Store for more inspiring Products to play with  and to the Marker Pop blog for fantastic inspiration from the talented Design Team!


I also share my cards and watercolors here:  My Instagram and  in my PINTEREST FOLDER


Have a great day, hugs, Karin

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, is this ever pretty, Karin! Love the blue! Congrats on the guest designer spot. That's so neat. The watercolored effect you achieved in the card is beautiful and gives me a bit of a vintage feel. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful. So lovely and feminine!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Lovely! Wonderful softness to the florals. I really need to try some of those new inks!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You are quite talented with watercolor! Your card for the MarkerPOP challenge is gorgeous, and I enjoyed my stroll through your wonderful blog. I just received my shipment of the new oxide inks. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing your technique!