Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mad about metallics - Happy New Year!





Hi Everyone! I'm here with a card for Virginia' View Challenge All things Metallic and also for one of the challenges at Hero Arts:
Mad about metallics - I used DCWV maetallic cardstock for the card and stars, added lots of Glitter underneath the diecutting, embossed the sentiment with silver and embellished it with some shiny Pearls! Finished off by stitching around the edge with metallic thread from DMC.
I am usually noy the glittery type, but for New Year's cards it is almost a must I Think (-:

holidaychallenge_2014_banner 

I'm also entering this for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge; Anything goes 


Hugs, Karin

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

What a gorgeous card to ring in the New Year! You are so right about using metallic for this type of designs! I love the glittery design with the number die, Karin! You have showcased the metallic element fabulously! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Heather said...

A fabulous New Year card Karen, a great design and colour scheme, I love the glittering through your
die-cut and gorgeous details!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your glittery paper behind the number is perfect!! Pretty card Karin!

Indy's Designs said...

Great metallic card! Yours is the very first 2015 card I've seen this year! It's fabulous!
Hugs,
Debbie

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Karin. There are so many lovely cards on your blog, and I enjoyed browsing. I would love to have you stop by and say hello on my blog. Have a blessed week!
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Lea Lawson said...

This is SO fab!! I love the diecut numbers with the glitter peeking through! And the pearls are a perfect touch!