Thursday, August 25, 2011

Felt Flower!

Went to my local papercraft shop the other day and saw a flower embellishment that I really liked -but unfortunately it was  terribly expensive )-: so I decided to try and make my own version of it. This was my first try so I didn't take any pictures as I made it, but I'll post a tutorial for it as soon as I have the time. If I'm lucky I'll have a student at school who wants to make one so I can write it there (-;
Anyway, here is the result:







I used the colors from the Playdate Cafe and will enter it for the Felt challenge at Moxie Fab World and for the Fabric/Felt challenge at Lily Pad cards.
The stamps I've used are from Waltzing Mouse and Skipping stones.

Have a great Thursday. I'm back on Saturday with some very exciting news I've been wanting to tell you for a long time (a month (-:) and since it is my 1 year blogaversary, that's also when I'll draw the winner of my little giveaway.
Hugs Karin

17 comments:

Camilla said...

Lovely as always! Love the flower - looking forward to the tutorial...

Marybeth said...

Oh I love this flower on such a beautiful card. I will have to check back.

Lin said...

That flower intriques me - can't for the life of me figure out all those little loopy petals. Anyway, it's beautiful and so is your card - love those colors. Can't wait to hear your news!!

Jenny said...

I just love these loopy felt flowers Karin, have still never tried on though!
Your card is just perfect and I really want to reach out and touch that bloom. Gorgeous colours too :)
Jenny x

Kara said...

so pretty!! looking forward to that tutorial!

Indy's Designs said...

Very nice! Liken' that flower!

Nancy K said...

I love your fabulous flower! It makes such a wonderful centerpiece on this beautiful card! So glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards!

Sian Ridley said...

Wow! Your flower is beautiful! I bet it looks much nicer and gives you a greater sense of satisfaction than any shop bought flower too :)

I am also looking forward to the tutorial! I'm not often inspired to use felt, it has to be pretty good to move me, but this is definitely inspiration enough :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Super pretty card, super pretty flower! I anxiously await your tutorial on this fab flower, Karin. It's different and neat. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Pia said...

WOW - gorgeous flower!! Thanks for playing along at Lily Pad Cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous flower Karin, what a sweeet focal for your card!

Hanne said...

Such a wonderful card in a great style Karin!
Hanne

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karin! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ruby said...

Oh WOW, that flower is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see your tutorial now!! Beautiful card overall but your flower definitely takes centre stage! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Karin! LOVE that big, bold flower and the way you've really made this color story shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Virginia L. said...

What a gorgeous felt flower!! Beautifully done, Karin!

Angela Fehr said...

Very soft & pretty, Karin!